Conway, New Hampshire
Once home to the Pequawket Indians, Conway is now best known as the town where the Kancamagus Highway starts. Conway was named after Henry Seymour Conway.
Covering approximately 71 square miles, Conway encompasses the villages of Conway, East Conway and its most famous village North Conway.
In 1765, Colonial Governor Benning Wentworth chartered sixty-five men to establish "Conway” To keep the land, a settler had to plant 5 acres of land for every fifty of his share and do it within 5 years. Today Conway is graced by beautiful old homes, an impressive brick town library and the covered bridge over the Swift River. Always a popular destination, 19th century artists brought the beautiful countryside to the attention of world, 20 paintings of the surrounding farms and mountains were actually purchased to hang on the walls of Windsor Castle by King Edward VIII.